Sunday, December 28, 2008

Welcome to Strolling the Parks!

Welcome!

I'm starting this blog to share my experiences and give information for those who visit Walt Disney World with children under the age of 9. Why? You ask. Well, I love to write. I love Disney and Walt Disney World. I have two children, Madison, 5, and Keegan, 4 (who have both been to WDW 2x a year, since they were born). And finally, my family is getting tired of me talking about Disney all the time. This is a good way to get it all out, hopefully, to those who want to hear it.

I once had a professor that said, "Write what you know", so that's what I'm going to do here... write about what I know. I don't know much about the history of rides, trivia, etc..., but I know what it's like to take a child to the Walt Disney World resort. It is my hope that this blog will be a good resource for all the moms and dads out there, looking for information about resorts, parks, attractions, shows, dining, and other things to do on their WDW vacation.

What makes me qualified? Well, as I stated above, I'm a mom to two children (under the age of 9). My children are night and day, so I have gotten to try all kinds of different things that Disney has to offer. My family and I visit WDW, or another Disney hotel, at least 2x a year. I had a home based travel agency for a short period, and 90% of my clients were parents traveling with young children, so I really got to understand what those guests were looking to get out of their trip.

My goal for this blog is not to be a guide. I'm not going to tell anyone to do this or that. Every parent knows that no child is the same. Instead, I hope for this blog to become more of a resource, a place for me (and you) to share experiences and information, to make all our vacations memorable and enjoyable.

I hope that everyone gets a little something from this blog, or at least enjoys the highs (and lows) of my experiences.

Until then...keep strolling!

Kristin

1 comment:

  1. welcome to the Walt Disney World blogging Community! much like the Haunted Mansion it always seems like we're at 999 blogs with room for 1000, thanks for volentEARing!

    ReplyDelete